quinta-feira, 5 de janeiro de 2012

Intentions...good!

How did "Misunderstood" come about?


Jon: The way that "misunderstood" came about was a series of errors, and working too hard, combined with being away from home. I think that the best songs that come out of honesty are the ones that you're quick enough to write down. For instance, "Bed Of Roses", when I was writing that song in `92, was in no mood to be writing a song due to the circumstances, and instead of putting the pen down and walking away from the piano, I sat down and wrote "sitting here wasted and wounded with this old piano..." and the hurt that I was feeling physically that day. Well this time I was in Los Angeles for a better part of 5 months doing a television program, and came home, I think it was on a Thursday, and had meetings at the house on Friday, and then on Monday morning began recording the record. At which time my wife looked at me and said it's time to straighten up. You know, you'd better realize that there's more to what you do than what you do. And I was in the doghouse. Instead of putting my tail between my legs or barking back, I just wrote "right". I should apologize for everything I'm about to screw up here. And you know, made light of it. And in a fun and funny way, for every guy that's been in the doghouse before, I think they can relate to that. And I like the vulnerability, and the honesty about it. So I was on a roll, and Richie said, "Run boy run". And we did!



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário