segunda-feira, 4 de julho de 2011

Happy 4th of July!

A melhor música do box set, sem dúvida nenhuma. De cortar o coração...




Fourth of July I wrote in Malibu. I used to have a house in Malibu, California and I stuck a piano in one of the bedrooms and I'd close the door. And in what I called the Grey Period in my life - 91, 92 - post Young Guns. I didn't know what the future held. I was really concerned that the innocence that I had when I picked up a guitar as a teenager was gone, and gone forever. Suddenly you became this head of a corporation, and a boss and a tool for the machine to go on. You more often than not would burn yourself out to please somebody... I sat at the piano at that whole period and wrote songs like this and Bed of Roses... There's a lot of my hurt in that innocence that was lost... "I used to live/I've learned to cry." We were listening as a band for the first time to the whole box and Richie said, "You know this is my favorite that we never did." And I heard it and I thought, you know, I really like it, too. It sorta hurts to hear it because I know what the lyric means. But I remember thinking, "boy it'd be great to hear Don Henley sing this!" - it'd be just perfect. So, you know I really do like the song. It's just, it hurts too much sometimes. (JBJ)





Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário